CSIR UGC NET Application Form 2017 : Exam Date, Eligibility, Syllabus. CSIR UGC NET June 2017 Application form will be available in the month from 8th February 2017 tentatively.
Joint CSIR-UGC Test for Junior Research Fellowship and Eligibility for Lectureship Tentatively on 18th June,2017.
Advertisement No – 10-2(5)/2017(i) -E .U.II
CSIR will hold the Joint CSIR-UGC Test Tentatively on Sunday 18th June 2017 for determining the eligibility of the Indian National Candidates for the award of Junior Research Fellowships (JRF) NET and for determining eligibility for appointment of Lecturers in certain subjects areas falling under the faculty of science and Technology. The award of JRF to the successful eligible candidates will depend upon their finding admission/placement in a university/national laboratory/ institution of higher learning and research , as applicable.
Candidates with M.Sc qualification or under M.Sc Result Awaited category shall be eligible for Lectureship subject to fulfilling the eligibility criteria as laid down by the UGC.
Subjects of CSIR UGC NET
The test includes the subjects –
(ii)Earth, Atmospheric, Ocean and Planetary Sciences
(iii) Life Sciences
- M.Sc or Equivalent degree/Integrated BS-MS/BS-4 years /BE/BTECH/B PHARMA/MBBS with atleast 55% marks for general and OBC-Non Creamy layer and 50% for SC,ST, persons with disability(PWD) Candidates.
- Candidates enrolled for M.Sc or having completed 10+2+3 years of above qualifying examination as on 01.03.2016 are also eligible to apply in the above subject under Result awaited category on condition that they complete the qualifying degree with requisite percentage of marks within the validity period of 2 years. Such candidates will have to submit the attestation format duly certified by Head of the Department from where candidate is appearing
- BSc(Hons) or Equivalent degree or students enrolled in Integrated MS-PhD program with atleast 55% marks for general and OBC-Non Creamy layer and 50% for SC,ST, persons with disability(PWD) Candidates are also eligible to apply. Candidates with bachelor’s degree will be eligible for CSIR fellowship only after getting registered or enrolled for PhD/integrated PhD progarmme with the validity period of 2 years.
- PhD degree holders who have passed Master’s degree prior to 19th sept 1991,with atleast 50%marks are eligible to apply for lectureship only.
AGE LIMIT & RELAXATION
- For LS(NET) : No upper age limit
- For JRF(NET) : Maximum 28 years as on 01-01-2017(upper age limit may be relaxed up to 5 years in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC (Non-creamy layer )/PwD and female candidates)
|Date of single MCQ Examination
Tentatively on 18.06.2017
|Schedule for on-line Application
(i) Start of on-line submission of Application and fee deposit through Bank Challan.
(ii) Date of close of deposit of fee
(iii) Date of close of on-line Application
|Last date of receipt of duly completed hard copy of on-line Application in Examination unit
Last date of receipt of duly completed hard copy of on-line Application in Examination unit(from remote areas)
|Last date of receipt of written request for change of examination centre only on merit basis||
|Tentative date of publication of list of candidates registered for test on CSIR,HRDG website||
|Issue of e-Admission certificate to registered candidates||
1st week of june 2017
CSIR UGC NET Application Form Fee
Candidates will have to deposit the examination fee at any branch of the Indian Bank all over the country. The amount of fee is:
- 1000/- General category candidates
- 500/-OBC-NCL category candidates
- 250/- SC/ST/ Physically Handicapped (PH) or Visually Handicapped (VH ) candidates
For full notification and syllabus visit